Monday, June 16, 2014

REALIZING.... LEARNED..... ALWAYS MUST...... ACCEPTING... RECOMMITING

REALIZING:    it is one of those sick stomach realizations about yourself.. but you have to take it in .. and realize that this is just part of you.. maybe not your favorite part but it is how you are wired.. so you have to plan a way to live with it... I am talking about old habits.. old  reactions... old actions that creep back into the fold of your life silently.. and you are almost unaware that they are sliding back into your daily habits.. as they sooth and smoothly wrap themselves into your veins yet again..


LEARNED:   I can stop it...  I can  combat it...  I can re focus that energy and reaction to something more beneficial ..


ALWAYS MUST:   Keep Trigger foods out.. ( talk more about that in a minute) .. Healthy choices available at all times for all circumstances. 


ACCEPTING:  THIS IS WHO I AM ..  A GRACIOUS MIX OF INSECURITES AND WEAKNESS.. COMBINED WITH THE DESIRE TO BE HEALTHY AND BETTER.. 


TRIGGER FOODS:  It is a stark realization that a harmless box of crackers can be the devil in drag .  I learned that this week.. I thought I found a friend in Townhouse Pretzel thins ( garlic parmesan )  NO they are no friend of mine and they do not even taste that good... they are processed junk.. my body wants it and wants the whole box...   its gone now... never to cross my threshold again...
It is odd that I can have a few reduced fat wheat thins.. and not think anything of it...  have no interest in them whatsoever.. they are not a trigger food.. but those Townhouse Pretzel Thins sure were a big no no... So No No more  in our house...   I can have Kind quinoa  granola clusters in the house and sprinkle some on my light yogurt.. and its no problem.. I can have other brands in the house.. and the red lights go flashing... and the sirens blare... I just cant leave it alone... Its so ugly and weird.. that I still have trigger foods....  I think the  understanding is always..that I will have to deal with this.. so developing the skills to manage it once and for all ... is what I am doing now... I realize that there are foods that can not come into the house... and its horribly ironic when you go into our downstairs and see our test kitchen.. for our business. and you know that there are freezers full of  cakes, pies,  dough... pastries.. etc.. at any time during the year...  Some how I have managed to turn that off... and know that this in not something I get involved with... therefore its not  issue... but a frigging box of crackers is.. how wacky is that... ??  
  As long as I stay portion controlled with my carbs I seem to do better...   3 servings of fruit a day..  2 servings of light bread a day ..   3 servings of veggies a day .. and protein mixed in ... and a weight watchers ice cream bar as a special treat... the thing I do not understand with myself is how come I can eat one of those ice cream bars.. and it is not a trigger.. 1 and I am fine... I started looking at sugar amounts on  various things.. and I find that when something is higher in sugar I seem to want it more.. when its lower in sugar.. i.e. the kind granola or the WW ice cream bar... I am satisfied with what I get... a portion...   all thought I think its more carb related than just sugar.. I am not huge on really fatty foods... like fries... or things of that nature.. they tend to make me ill so I prefer lower fat foods... so its not the fat content... I tie it too the sugars and carbs.. or really Sugars are Carbs .. so it is one in the same... 
So... My 1 year anniversary is coming up on July 8th... the day I decided to turn my world around.... so that is cause for celebration...  My hope is to knock off another 20 pounds for this year...
 I have also learned that I maintain with in 5 pounds .. fabulously on WW...  now I just have to pull the food in tighter and lessen the carbs and concentrate on veggies and protein a bit more...  to help me get the rest of the weight off.. I also believe working consistently on my portion sizes will help too..
 My recommitment day is JUNE 18th... It sounded like a good date... 


wishing everyone... the ability to Realize...  to Learn... to find their Always Musts... to become Accepting... and to Recommit to yourself... that you are a priority...



No comments:

Post a Comment