Thursday, June 12, 2014

THE COLORS OF COLORADO, SWEET HOME ALABAMA


SOOO took my first big road trip since the  weight loss.... 
Eating was an adventure and I will put this firmly in concrete I much prefer being at home in my own environment when it comes to food...
I totally enjoy  creating our meals...  I like knowing what is and is not in my food..  I like being in control of my portion sizes and measuring if need be.  I like the portion controlled servings I have around my kitchen...


While I am a great eyeballer.. I just prefer the comfort of my own environment...  That is not to say I did not have a great adventure mind you... So let me break it down for you..


We left at 3 am   ... heading down the road in the Miata.. ( color us crazy but that was what we wanted to do ) .. As we approached  Cullman Al.. we ran into a bit of a twist... we hit a tire recap in the road ( commonly known in these parts as a road gator) .. it broke off half the front spoiler sending that flying under the car... denting the heat shield( found that out that this week when we had the repair estimate done)  and knocking brackets loose.. as well as some plastic parts on the back of the car....  SOOO we turned that vehicle around.. drove 70 miles back home... parked her in the garage loaded up the Cx9 and headed off yet again...


For the most part the ride from Alabama to Colorado was uneventful other than a couple hiccups with the GPS..  the road conditions where decent...  the traffic was  heavy in St Louis.. in fact as we were heading towards Kansas City ... we came upon a shoot out... It honestly looked like something you would see on Law and Order or any one of those police shows...  Multiple cop cars with  cops all over the place .. guns drawn .. German sheperds with their partners tracking... Cops running back and forth... this was right off the interstate and it was very surrealistic to see..   Otherwise we hit a few rain patches...  Got to Topeka the first night and camped out at a Ramada Inn...   Headed on to Colorado the next day ...  and arrived safely .. right as we pulled into the parking lot of the Hotel.. our GPS crapped out.. totally... Thank heavens for WAZE  on our phones.. it got us back home safe the following week..  


 Once in Colorado we settled down and got busy getting ready for the IDDBA...  International Dairy Deli Bakery Association Convention...  lets just say its a room the length of  3 or so football fields  .. loaded with every type of food .. you can imagine.. Cheeses,  Pizza,  Deli Meats .. pastries... cookies... candies...  sandwiches.. etc..in the mix of the not so healthy were some good choices ..but a few times I just had to walk out ..sit in the lobby and regroup...
This gives you an idea ...

We also saw this GORGEOUSNESS :



We left Colorado a week ago and arrived home safely to rainy SWEET HOME ALABAMA.. A beautiful trip ..but glad to be back home...

A little motivation for our weekend :

No comments:

Post a Comment