Sunday, May 25, 2014

BRAIN AND HUNGER GAMES !!!!

Soo we have you ever stopped and thought for a moment... WHY am I so HUNGRY??      You know you just ate.. but you are still getting those hunger messages...  my theory is... If you know you just recently ate... and yet you still are getting that signal.. you know the one... like a Pinball machine.. the ding ding... flashing lights... sreaming EAT ME!!!! EAT ANYTHING!!!!!!  so  I was going through this this weekend...  and I discovered that if I was not hungry enough to eat a carrot or an apple.. I was not hungry.. I was BORED...  of if the Buzzers are BUZZING... try and quench the Hunger with water or  a diet beverage of your choice... did it miraculously go away ??????   it just might have been a thirst issue not an actual hunger issue...   I also had another epiphany.. I was not eating enough... PROTEIN....   where did this epiphany come from...??  tonight I ate some lean beef.. Super LEAN beef   Laura's Lean beef ... ( found it at walmart) ... and I ate 1.5 oz of Spicy honey Chicken breast.. both freshly grilled..  when I ate that protein.. it was like.. BAM  BAM BAM in my head.. these flashing signals said.. YEP that is it... THAT IS WHAT I NEED...  You finally got it right... I did not want carbs... I wanted pure protein...   guess what... I am not hungry... ... I am not kitchen surfing...  I am not perusing... I am comfortable.... I finally listened to my body...

 SO my thinking is.. and I am sure most of us know this... all the signals we get that light up in our brain regarding food... or those hunger signals... its all like a game... Like a big pinball game... a game we have to figure out the best path to win.. and really ring those bells.... Those bells that tell you .. you are satisfied... you listened ... to what your body needed..    I am going to pay attention more to my protein intake..  I don't think there was a stitch of fat on that beef.. and  while it was chewy it was so tasty..    I do not eat meat a lot.. maybe every other week...   but this sure hit the spot at least for me...   I am really glad I am starting to learn this.. I never mastered it on on MF... I just ate what I could eat on MF... now I am trying to pick up on my body and what it is telling me it needs... Most of the time our bodies are not going to say.. Feed me  a Frosty... or a Ding Dong.. or a Pizza.. that is our brain being teased by an ad or product we might have seen...  So my  theory is ... when you get those signals.. try feeding them  water first.. then try a  piece of fruit or some raw veggies..... if you are not satisfied with the crunch of a carrot or an apple... if you totally turn your nose up at that... and nothing healthy appeals to you.... Check your  level of activity.. are you bored..????.   If so....Then go do someting that does not involve the kitchen..  

Its all in the brain.. those hunger games...  stratigize like you would if you were playing a game... think out a plan.... so you are prepared...  Always remember no matter what you are in charge.... 
So you are invited over to someone's houe and you just had a great lunch.... Go visit your friend but tell them you just ate... .. ( if they get offended... welllll... they need to put their big girl or boy panties on... and get the hell over it ..)  You are the boss of you... no one forces you eat...  You do not have to accept that challenge... be prepared... 

Be ready for the Brain and Hunger Games...

Rock the WEEK coming up !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment