Monday, May 12, 2014

YOU DECIDE WHETHER YOU SUCCEED OR NOT

It is so easy to forget who is the one in charge of your choices...

Day in and day out we are surrounded by choices we have to make . 

What to wear .. how to fix our hair, what make up to use,  which route to take to school or work... what job around the house to tackle first..

For those of us.. working on improving our lives by getting healthier.. losing weight and keeping it off.. this Statement is so true. 

It is so easy to forget who is the one in charge of your choices... You are... I am in charge of my choices all of them..

No one is forcing you to eat... Those are your choices... 
In our concrete visual world  temptation is always there... and we can come with any excuse to make a day  "special"...  ( special in the sense of choosing to eat something we would not ordinarily eat ) .. that being said... when it comes to WW ... the constant message  that they try to promote but it appears to always fall on deaf ears... ..

 Is that NO FOOD is off limits...

 it is all about the choices you make..
 
Now granted I am not saying every day go have a walloping slice of cake for heavens sake...  but on those occasions when the trail of life leads you to a bend in the road you were not expecting.. You have that choice... and that choice is not BAD or GOOD... I see so many people saying... I am so BAD.... I CHEATED all WEEKEND... 

  It is a sad state of affairs when WW is looked at merely as a diet.. because if you spend time reading and really learning the program.. not being a policeman about points but really learning the program.. ( which I am learning now) ... then you see it  is a foundation for a  HEALTHY balanced meal plan..

THE thing is ... it gives you that MAGIC WORD.....

 CHOICES..

 only you are in control of that... 
 
My feelings are that if you basically stay with in your daily points... and indulge in a little extra every now and then... then the program.. is easy peasy...  hence why you have the extra 49 points... you can use them daily   7 points a day .. or save for a upcoming event you might have on the weekend when you know those will come in handy...

Personally I try and not use them at all..

We also have a great tool  ... tracking...  by logging OUR food daily .. WE can be confident WE are staying with in our points...  to help US lose weight.. now I have not tried the SS program.. because I like choices.. and  PP works better for me I hope... I might try SS ... one never knows with me ... lol...

My weight loss has not been stellar on WW because I lost over 50 pounds on Medifast  July 8th 2013- Mid Feb.  ... and got off about that time due to digestive issues.. I tried for 2 months on my own.. and finally  decided WW was a good place for me to be to learn how to eat.. and be comfortable with food again.. while finishing up what I started and losing the last 20 pounds that are ohh so stubborn .. I weigh again this Thursday and my hope is to see a pound off...  ..

 I often give a simple piece of advice to the support group I belong to  and tell folks .. to try and get out of the old mindset that WW is a diet...  to me.. You go on a diet and get off of a diet... WW is about learning how to eat... and be accountable for that.   I do not think  BAD or GOOD should be in the equation ....   It is simply a choice you made in the moment.. and choices are okay... it is not a signal of your self worth ...

So .. it is Monday and in my world.. it is prep time for a Food Show... Tues and Weds.. most of you know I work in the food business.. ( ironically ) ... it is tough.. but I do my best in the last couple weeks since I started WW to track what I eat.. Good or BAD......... DAMN  look... even I did it... lets try that again....  I DO MY BEST TO TRACK MY FOOD BASED ON WHATEVER CHOICE I MADE IN THAT MOMENT....

First thing in the morning I  try and  plan my food for the day .. Sometimes I can and sometimes something comes up and I have to shift things around.. but logging your food and activity is the most awesome tool you have.. lets face it..when you do not keep track you are only harming yourself..no one else is affected but you... it might take courage to be honest.. but the person you are trying to be honest to is yourself.. It took me a while to get that courageous.. I guess I thought well if I don't log it .. it did not happen lol...

So the bottom line for all of us.. on any program ...  is simple... YOU ( WE)... (ME) ( I) DECIDE WHETHER I SUCCEED OR NOT... AND SO DO YOU !

No comments:

Post a Comment