Sunday, May 4, 2014

GOOD VS.BAD Or WHY MUST WE DEFINE FOOD

  Dusting off soap box...adjusting microphone... Stepping up :::

" ohhh I had cake today. I am soooo bad"   "Ohhhhh I had pizza on a stick today. ( is that even possible ?.. lol...)..I am damned for all eternity "    "Ohhhh I had ice cream instead of string beans"  " what a failure I am". " ohhhh I had 3 jelly beans.. I never can stick to a diet"

The list goes on and on ... People classify everything. You are either good or bad... Or you are good or bad based on your food consumption... Or if you drop 3 pounds then life is amazing but if you gain a quarter of a ounce then  DAMNIT!! You are one mighty loser !!   

BOY !! I have been guilty of some of that... WAY TOO MUCH...

Measuring myself by the sum of my pounds rather than the whole human I am... 

Our worth is not what the scale says nor is it based on the food we consume...
Food is a choice...We can eat what we want..much like anything though.. There are good or bad consequences based on those choices... 

If you are following a program such asWeight Watchers..like me... You are given choices.. You keep track of those choices with in the parameters of the program. SOME FOOD CHOICES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS... But to label food or yourself GOOD VS. BAD ..to me gives way to much power to it.. Don't you think...?? I mean ..why can't food be food... So you CHOSE TO HAVE HALF A DANISH WITH YOUR COFFEE???  If you are on WW   Did you log it??  My point is?? As the saying goes..if you bite it..write it!! ( or scan it.. Or take a photo of it to log later..) . A food diary  is simply a tool to help you know what you are consuming and how to modify things to help you shed poundage if that is your intended goal.. 

We are fortunate to live in a time where we can easily keep track of our food consumption ..I PERSONALLY LOVE WW ONLINE.. Some folks prefer the meetings... Whatever works for you is my thinking.

  I love the support I get via the WW  FB pages I have joined. And via my FB page I created as well   ( you can click on this link ) .ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE  .. The WW FB pages I have joined are closed groups.. You have to ask to join... I love the ideas and new products that are shared .. I love the help offered...

You have to create your universe to achieve what works for you....  I am constantly creating and changing...

To me releasing the demons from eating is a good place to start... No one is really ~that not right in the head ~ to think a candy bar is better for you than say an apple. RIGHT???!!!

 CHOICES. ... remember that word.

.MAKE YOUR CHOICES  and BASE YOUR SELF WORTH ON THE CONTENT OF THE PERSON  YOU ARE AND THE WAY YOU TREAT OTHERS...not on the scale and not on your food consumption...
STEPPING OFF SOAP BOX ...and moving on into this beautiful New day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment