Monday, July 7, 2014

JULY 8th

On July 8 th 2013 I made the decision and commitment to change my life ... I started TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE a Medifast fueled program ..in 8 months I lost 54.8 pounds.. Since I have been off the program and eating again I have gained 12 pounds.. I have lost 2 of the twelve I gained by walking 1-2 times a day and half assed logging my food.. I tried WW but for me it was a trigger to eat far more carbs than I needed.. WW is a great program ..but with my physical limitations ( fibromyalgia) I need a little less freedom and More routine .. So I sat down with Steve and told him how I felt .. We decided to tighten things up.. No more going out to dinner..or at least limit it to once a month .. Walking once or twice a day.. I am logging  my food and tracking my steps.. Swimming when I can...

I found it shocking how fast the weight started climbing back..while some weight gain is normal coming off such a restrictive program as I was on... I realized I mustturn things around before 12 pounds became twenty or 30 pounds.  So here we are again.. Picking up and moving one
step at a time....

MY TOOLS:

My fitness pal APP for logging ..

Webmd APP for logging and motivation. They have a great program to assist in reaching healthy habits and goals 

My FB page Accentuate the Positve for motivation.. 

My family and friends for support..

Weilos  APP for motivating and support too..

I think the hardest thing is admitting something is getting out of your control...

It takes more than strength to find it again... 
More than desire...
I know I do not want to lose what I have created and accomplished... 

This is my thing.. 

My struggle...

   So many people have far greater and challenging struggles but I think those of us in what ever personal war we are waging  ( weight loss, getting fit, ceasing smoking, career goals etc...) must just keep on trying ... 

Nothing is ever over and hope is never lost..until the very end ..

so I think I will keep on fighting no matter how tired I get ..or what hurts ... 

Every success is won by great challenge ...this is mine...

Most folks have no idea what it is like.. Most say just stop eating..shut your mouth...exercise..simplistic estimates of human nature if you ask me..They don't grasp the struggle.. They don't understand that there are factors that must lace together to create success..I think that applies to anything though ...For me ..call it a set back ..a failure of character.. A weakness... Hmm I just call it my battle ...
To those that do understand ..do grasp the deep and complicated veins of this fight .. It is energy for my soul to know you " get it" ..

My husband gets it.. He is my biggest fan and my most determined cheer leader .. He never quits ..no matter what his challenge ..he picks up..regroups..dusts off and moves ahead..he the fabric of my inspiration..reminding me of how far I have come..not how far I must go.. No matter my size he never loves me less .. But he takes pride in how I feel  and constantly encourages me to find my path no matter how many times I have to dust off and regroup ...

My hope was to be 73.8 pounds less by now.. Instead I am 43.8 pounds less  with 30 more hills to climb...


Time to get moving ! TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME ...


1 comment:

  1. I started MF at 246 and got down to 198. Well.. I didn't handle WW too well because it gave me the green light for dump cake and wine! Gained 30 lbs back and after a year of being miserable went back to MF. I am back down to 227 and still feel fat and miserable but I am on my way down!! Keep blogging. You are good writer. Honest and open.

    ReplyDelete