Monday, December 2, 2013

FIRING OFF ON FOCUS

Any event that is not part of our routines can totally cause a misfire of focus..

What I am saying is.. any trauma, any event, ANYTHING good bad or indifferent ... these things are always coming our way... sometimes they side swipe us right into a state of disaster, sometimes they just bump us off our path a little.. and sometimes we override them... I think that's the hardest to do... We forget our focus .. and our focus is ourselves for now... focusing on good health, good nutrition .. and a peaceful or as peaceful as possible environment..

Lets talk Holidays.... BAM they are here in full force..

I hear the combination of voices... OHHHH its a party season... OHHHH man I know I will gain   through December... So many parties.. so many treats... and I am not going to deny myself not one little bit.. okay I say... but are you ready to accept the consequences good or bad that go with your decisions???  that's what you have to resolve in yourself.... If you choose to eat freely  and really throw caution to the wind ... then do not  berate yourself later for your choices... just move on.. and do the best you can...

For me it is about Focus and planning :

So I know we have a party this weekend... On the positive it is at our house... on the negative it involves chili and calico beans.. and I love calico beans... So.. I know that I will have a small taste of my husbands chili and friends calico beans... other wise its  celery,  a little bit of cheese.. diet pop, water,  and medifast/TSFL treats for me... I am carefully planning for Saturday.. I also have an event Sunday.. I know where we are going and I know its a "safe place" with healthy choices..

Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner with a friend... hopefully we will go to  "my safe place" and I can order accordingly for my lean and green... 

Friday afternoon  we have another party...  I am bringing a TSFL/medifast  bar and I should be fine.. so I am not worried  about that either...

Am I going to miss the little treats ... hmmm yeah some things.. but what has really become a big deterrent for me is the thought of getting sick from  making the wrong choices... It would be awful to be at a party and have to run to the bathroom because you ate wrong... so to me that kinda is a reign in ...
 
I keep wanting to say I have had this grand epiphany of sorts and say OHHHH I will never touch that again.. or I won't do this again..or eat that or whatever.. but for me there  has been no Great Moment like that...  it is just what I choose to put in my body at the time... 

For me it is important to hold my focus... This time of year.. or that time of year.. and I wish everyone well on however they choose to eat.... willing to accept  all consequences good or bad  along the way...

Lost  a quarter of a pound this week for a round 46 grand total...

No comments:

Post a Comment