Monday, January 30, 2012

I WONDER

I have been perusing blogs lately... have found a lot folks on a great plan doing great etc.. very motivating... and I read responses and comments saw some great "real" support out there... calling people on things that needed comments.. etc... then I mosied over to were there are blogs by people mostly women who have well over 100 pounds to lose... I was hoping for some inspiring stories here and I found a few .. but I also found a lot of condescending bullshit... maybe it is because there is so much weight to be lost.. these ladies feel they can lose it in some pretty weird ways... lets just say .. for the sake of it.. uhmm.. eating what ever they want.. only not eating as much... I wonder how long they can continue eating burgers and fries and milk shakes and continue losing weight...  I wonder why they are not wanting to just make a complete change... there is a saying out there that is so true.. DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE DONE AND GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE GOTTEN... 
To really get down to the nitty gritty and really make some life changing shit occur you have to change it up... that means letting certain foods go... and learning about new foods.. that not only fill you up... but are good for your body... I know it might be hard to choose a orange over a milkshake.. but if you strip it down.. what exactly is that milk shake going to do to you? Consuming a milk shake three times a week could add an extra 1,053 to 1,071 calories to your diet. ( this is per livestrong.com)   why do that?   why do some of these people feel so denied if they eat healthy instead... ???  
 I had a big debate with myself recently about doing the Optifast portion of the UAB EAT RIGHT PROGRAM... I had to ask myself some challenging questions and I came to the conclusion that for me .. that program would not work.. but the other programs would... I felt more confident in knowing that  I would be working with a team of people who will help me attain my short and long term goals... 


So why you might ask am I trying again.... ???  I just want to feel better... and with 50 looming.. and 2 weddings come up..  what would it be like to feel better and as a bonus look better... whats the harm in trying again... absolutely nothing.. and the rewards are everlasting... I am tired .. of this me... I have said that many times... so .. I wait with a cautious heart.. hoping that this time.. I finally get  right... trying something NEW... I do not have to wonder about that...


I hope those large folks... who diligently post and post... ( these were new blogs by the way .. people I had never read before)  finally decide to try something new... and I wish .. all of us.. a good healthy journey and a better life... 

No comments:

Post a Comment