Thursday, February 27, 2014

SUPPORT

THIS WAS MY FB  STATUS FOR TODAY..
Kinda bummed today ...
was part of  great FB community for weight loss support... it was a group of folks  going though the same  issues I have... over 1000 members.. and the administrator decided to disband and close the group... I really enjoy it.. Still have my core support..  plus my FB family and friends.. that was just some extra help and resources and I am all about  resources and ideas...  This last month as many of you know has been really tough for me.. very little movement on the scale and I was dropping at least 10 pounds a month on average and now things have really really slowed down making this  even more challenging ... am reminded often that this is a life long process and  this part of the journey will just take a bit longer than I hoped.. its a little discouraging.. but I am not quitting.. I am looking forward to finishing this and moving on to the next two phases... if only my body will cooperate.. so.. that's how I am feeling.. set some new goals.. for next week.. and taking it a step at a time..


I  really enjoy the group because I could be so honest there... about my issues...  the administrator of the group felt it was  not going in the direction she was hoping for... she had created the group for Food addicts and attracted all types of folks with various food issues... some just over eaters... some compulsive eaters.. some obsessive eaters... some obsessive weighers.. some just on TSFL  some  waging various stress related battles...  I liked the variety of people...  I guess I could start a group but would have no idea how to get the momentum that group had... I think anyone with food issues.. or just anyone struggling with weight issues.. can learn from each other whatever the level or wherever someone is at .. I liked the group a lot because so many of the members where coaches or clients of TSFL and understood the program...  the only thing I would change is adding  recipes too... just because When you are on a program like this.. I think variety and ideas can make it easier... I also think when you have people that "totally get it"  to me that's is something... I am going to research perhaps starting a page on FB devoted to ANYONE who is struggling... or pushing or succeeding on their own journey to better health regardless of what program they are on... might do it ... I dunno....


I just want this so bad... words do not do how I feel  complete justice... neither do tears...  I have heard it said that when you hit 50 .. the likely hood of you making  changes in your lifestyle or succeeding long term  is very low...  well I am 51.. and as of today have lost 54.4 pounds.. and I know others who have lost far more than me and are older than me as well.. So I am not one who relies on statistics always... Although some statistics do have their place... 
 I have also been studying morbid obesity and those networks that promote loving your body no matter what your size..  and the fat acceptance websites... as well.. folks that do not want to change  and love themselves  no matter how large they are... On the one hand I think that's pretty cool... but on the other hand I am not so sure... from my own history... I saw the real damage that carrying  54.4 of extra fat on my body could do.. I still have 19.4 pounds to go.. AND ..  I can not help but wonder how my body might change even more.. how it will  feel.. I know I will be battling the fibro. and that is just not going to change... and I have some issues with the .. well no way to say this nicely... lets say I have some extra skin issues... I guess that's just part of getting older and losing weight.. When I am done with this I will have lost a total of 73.8 pounds...  I see the horizon.. faintly...  still seems a long way off ... .. but I know I will eventually get there...
 I am going to start Aqua Zumba once a week.. hoping I have the stamina for it.. Funny thing is... when I was over 200 pounds I did it with no problems and loved it... and now my endurance and stamina is kinda of in the crapper..  I can only swim 2 full laps of the pool.. and then I move onto other stuff...  one of the coaches suggested I try it once a week.. or do my regular work out and then do 15 minutes of the class ...  She said just try it .. and see what I can do..  she told me today that I would get to my goal .. that way I am gently adding more exercise which is something I know I need to do...  SO Tuesday I am going to start the Aqua Zumba class.. and eventually go twice a week... that should help plus my regular walking and swimming...  .. calorie wise... I can not change much... nor carb wise either... just .. just have to be patient.. 
sigh... Patience...  for all others a strong virtue of mine.. for myself.. not so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment