Monday, March 3, 2014

MOVING FORWARD

There are moments in life where you have to decide what is right for you... where you have to come to the conclusion that what you are doing is not working the way you need  it to be working .. so you have to adjust things...
That revelation came this weekend for me..
I realized I need to build up my foundation of Motivation 
I realized I needed to change what I am doing to reach my goal
I realized I needed a Honi livable life style plan 
I realized I needed more resources
I am building my resources
I created a Facebook page ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE 


I  am hoping I can help others even if it is just one person.. realize that no matter their AGE, SIZE, LIMITIATIONS ... that they can make changes... that life can get better... that the real hard core truth is we are the masters of our destiny .. its corny I know.. but it is the truth..


You have to stand up and fight for yourself and make your differences.. and your changes and the thing is .. No surgery .. No pills ... no diet .. no lifestyle is going to do it for you..


YOU IN THE CORE OF YOURSELF MUST MAKE A COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF TO CHANGE! ..


It is  complicated
It is messy
It is hard...


But in this life... what is not complicated... what is not hard..??? 


Easy is living  the same
LIVING really LIVING is using every cell in your body to make yourself the best that you can be..


I know my limitations because of my CP and FMS  ( CP - Chronic Pain   FMS-  Fibromyalgia Syndrome)   .. I know I won't ever win a medal for a marathon..
I know I won't go mountain biking,  hiking.. climbing   or race bicycles
I know  I can not even tolerate a exercise class


BUT!!!


I KNOW THESE THINGS TOO:


I  CAN SWIM!!
  I CAN WALK!!
I CAN DANCE!!
 I CAN MOVE!!


My endurance is building up..
The whole time through this weight loss adventure my pain level as increased ... not decreased.. I am guessing because I am more active and calling on muscles and nerves to be more responsive that ever before....
My Point is very simple...  that I do not let my LIMITATIONS.. stop me from moving forward..


Even though I changed my official weigh day to Thursday .. I got on the scale this morning... because I wanted to see if one day of eating healthy and weaning off of Medifast was going to be my demise...
guess what..
Yesterday I ate the following..


1 egg
half a piece of Steve's  homemade whole wheat bread
1 turkey sausage link


Tomato salad
1 hard boiled egg
half an apple


A medifast Shake


3 Vietnamese spring rolls ( Rice wraps stuffed with herbs, lettuces, shrimp cold and NOT fried.)


and a South Beach Bar


and a handful of almonds


Just at under 1000 calories..  
 
ON TSFL I was eating between 800- 1000 calories .... 5 of their meals  and one lean and green meal...


This morning the scale did not EXPLODE...
in fact I weighed exactly the same as I did on Thursday.. and that was an eye opener...


I kept the carbs in check
I kept the calories in check
I walked a little
We did a 150 mile nonstop motorcycle ride yesterday as well.


So the official weigh day is Thursday .. the new eating is going well.. I am studying the South Beach Books.. and so far I am liking everything I am reading.. and really loving the idea of eating fresh.. because I have already lost 54.4 pounds.. I am starting at phase 2 rather than phase 1.. 
I downloaded the SB app but was disappointed that the only way to get the latest info was to subscribe to the program for 5 bucks a week ...  SO I  got several of the books and put them on my Kindle App and have a wealth of resources from there...( cheaper than buying the hardbound books.. which I think somewhere I have the original book )


One huge factor of my success is the support I already have and  My biggest blessing on this Journey is my husband... who is my greatest support   and always tries to come up with new ideas to insure my success .. .


Okay... I know .. I know!!!!  You want some answers.... You want to know why and what's going on...


 Honi.. what are you saying... You have touted TSFL/MEDIFAST for 7 months... what's going on..????
SO.. here is what happened..


I was getting to the point I could not tolerate the food anymore...  gagging.. taking an hour to eat.. stomach issues...   I still handle the bars, shakes and  soft bakes fine..  I learned a lot ..  I have some great recipes for  good lean meals..  but everything else was just a slow torture to get into my body...
Both my husband Steve, and myself decided.. that my body was sending me a message... it needed a change..  this totally goes against anything TSFL teaches and I am aware of that.. but for me.. I know I needed to ACT now..rather than  REACT later .. REACT  by giving in .. and quitting and not following through.. which ... well.. that has been my hallmark all these years.. 






A-  ACTION
C- CHANGE
T-  TRANSFORM


So .. here is the thing..


FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU  NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS... THEN IF YOU REACH A POINT WHERE THINGS ARE NOT GOING AS YOU HAD PLANNED OR HOPED..
CHANGE IT...


HERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE NOT A FACTOR:


YOUR AGE


YOUR SIZE


YOUR LIMITATIONS






HERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE A FACTOR:


WHO YOU WANT TO BE


YOUR WILLINGNESS TO CHANGE


YOUR DESIRE




KEEP THE LAST 3 IN MIND.. AS YOU GO ON YOUR WAY...

HAVE A GREAT AND HEALTHY WEEK!



No comments:

Post a Comment