Monday, September 12, 2011

OCD

I don't talk about it often ... My sister has OCD... in the early days over 28 years ago... she was obsessed with cleanliness.. I would pull her out of the shower, I saw the skin on her hands peel off....
Now its ritualistic... for example she can not turn on and off a light switch with out a routine.. with out a ritual set of steps she has to do... getting dressed , same thing... basically every aspect of her life is affected... she can not throw out a coke bottle or can with out a specific set of steps.. ( I learned this today and the light switch as well.. )  I watch her and it makes me sad... her battle with in..
If you saw her you would not see it... and if you watched her... you might see it... but if you know what to look for... well as I said it just makes me sad..  She is here visiting..
It makes me think about those of us that are working to change our bodies.. or are trying to get healthier for whatever reason.... We.. as a whole are fixable... for us the solutions are many and somewhat simple.. for my sister not so much....
Well still have some work today.. busy week ahead...
Have a great one.. not sure how much I will post this week due to the shows...

No comments:

Post a Comment