Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BUTT WHY?

Fifty is a interesting age.. At  least for me it has been ...in the course of a year I have  gotten healthier and did the dreaded and maligned colonoscopy.. That was today ,
 Dusting off soap box and  stepping up and reaching for Mic... Can ya hear me.... 

Please listen...
So for all of you over 50 or with a history of colon cancer in your  family...It's time  to :  Prep up, step up and drop your drawers... Yeah yeah the prep is no fun.. I spent my day yesterday  starting at 10 am.. 2 dulcocet tablets  then at noon ( I started a little before) I started the liquid part of the prep.. 64 ounces of miralax mixed with my beverage of choice. propel berry flavor .. You could not taste the miralax other than a slightly salty after taste much like Gatorade ...I had to drink 8 oz. every 15 minutes.. Mine was more like every 20 minutes...until the solution was gone then I took the last two dulcocet .. The effects hit me midway into the liquid portion of the prep...so basically from 130yesterday  To 530 this morning .. The bathroom and I had  were very good friends???this morning I got fairly weak ... But was fine.. Went to the facility,,, checked in.. Taken back..all I remember is the sweet nurse poking the shot in my IV and saying time for a nice nap.. Then I was in recovery .. The doc said to Steve .. Well.. It's clean boring uninteresting and perfectly normal.... Yay..Seee  no big deal deal.. I do it again in 10 years!  Sooo here is what I am saying .. GET YOUR BUTT TO THE DOCTOR...save your life .. Knowledge is always Power!.....
....stepping off soap box....

FYI I did go off program.. For the test.. I also lost two pounds which I believe will probably return now that I am back OP..

 Life is good TSFL GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment