Monday, January 20, 2014

A RAMBLE WITH A VIEW

No big exciting weight loss.. Stayed the same and had  to weigh a day early...I am okay with that...

Travel :

A morbidly obese person has to think about travel in ways their thinner amigos never do... For example will my butt fit in a plane seat with out spillage and will the belt  fit.....me with out cutting off my need to breath ...( have not been on a plane yet.... ).  
And hotel towels ...
oh boy... 
How many hotel towels will I NEED.. 
Let's see.. 
One for the hair
 and maybe 3 for the body..
geez 
I have to ask for more towels... ..
will I fit in the shower with out my hips touching the  slimey curtain or the ice cold wall... 
Well .. 
Uhmmmmm
 things have changed ...
 In a BIG Way....... 
at a HAMPTON INN...

I eyed the towels suspiciously and wondered how  humiliating was this going to be...
. Wow.. 
Uhm... 
Well... 
Oh my goodness..!! 
The towel wraps around me...???
 Even my thinner friends complain about towelege not being ample..
but this regular size towel fit... 
Granted I know most folks are thinking..what the hell is she freaking out about... 
Seee....
The towel fit me.. And I could use a second towel out of CHOICE not NEED.. big difference for a formally morbidly obese person... 
The mind needs to start viewing things differently soon.. 
Accepting that I really am succeeding .. 
And also accepting that this cycle of hard work will never end until my last breath.. 
The hardest is really accepting that in order to stay in a good place there is no magic bullet..
. It is about Choices!!
when one wants to be their best self in the most authentic way possible both on the
inside and outside.. 
It is a ever changing practice...
adaptability .
.or as my thinner travelers would say ... 
Hey.. It's just living...hmm... Living.... Imagine that ..I like living with out the extra worry.. 
I like shopping  too..in
small stores where the sales associate recognizes me...
I like this new version of me I am creating...I pray my mind really gets it though ..
Just heading down the road of feeling better and hopefully getting healthier .. 






No comments:

Post a Comment