Tuesday, January 28, 2014

FAILURE

It is my least favorite word..yet it is a word I see people use often ... Most often in the weight loss universe...People refer to being one of these if they have a binge... Or gained a little or even all of their weight back... Or the scale did not move ..or it moved in the wrong direction...they measure themselves by the sum of their pounds rather than as MLK would say " the content of their character" ......defining themselves by a number rather than who they really are..one feels that others judge him/ her by what that scale says...
The scale is simply a tool.. 

The reality is you make a choice...I will eat this .. I will not eat this...

In my experience as a emotional eater and binger..I had the misconception that eating this or that would comfort me..take away my pain.. Of not having many friends...growing up.. Of not being invited out.. Of not having the requisit boyfriends..I remember for a minute I was numbed ...but it never "fixed " things ....the only thing it ever did was make me unhealthier... Unhappier and ultimately use that word to describe myself. 

I wonder why did I choose food ??? 
I guess it was easy.. 
 But when that word gets laced into it..
when that word 
starts dominating your thoughts ...
 do you actually become that word???? 

NO!

I have heard and read the horror stories of bingeing... My case is not near as severe.. And my heart aches for those who are in a constant self inflicted war.. If I could say anything at all to them I would say stop usng "that word" because you are not that..You can find a way out of it...

Perhaps, 
for those that apply
 that word 
to themselves whatever their situation,
 should think again ...
 It is not a necessary word ...

here are words we SHOULD learn...

WARRIOR

SURVIVOR

CONQUERER

POWERFUL

STRONG

TRY

SUCCESS

WINNER

STRENGTH

POSITIVE 

SMART

FIGHTER

PEACEFUL

BELIEVE

BELIEF  

UNLIMITED

THANKFUL

COURAGE

NEVERGIVEUPER ( ok.. I made that one up but it works 😊)
 
Even in our darkest hours the above words should dominate our vocabulary ..our self vocabulary ... I am not saying never feel sad or bad about something but instead of focusing on the Worst .. Turn the worst around ...We can never expect things to change if we keep viewing life through the same lense..change happens when you open yourself up to creating something different instead of reacting the same old way...

BELIEVE !!!

YOU CAN ALWAYS REWRITE YOUR LIFE..

YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR WORDING!!!

YOU  ARE:

WARRIOR

SURVIVOR

CONQUERER

POWERFUL

STRONG

TRY

SUCCESS

WINNER

STRENGTH

POSITIVE 

SMART

FIGHTER

PEACEFUL

BELIEVE

BELIEF  

UNLIMITED

THANKFUL

COURAGE

CHOOSE YOUR NEW WORD!!

Have a peaceful rock solid week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment