Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I SLIDE AROUND NOW

I think one of the oddest  things about this weight loss adventure.. is the FACT  that now when I ride with Steve on the Motorcycle I have to hold on.. before I was just planted in one place ... I could sleep, I could read.. I could take photos... Now I hold on for dear life.. because my center of gravity has changed due to my weight loss... 


 It is a totally new riding experience.. as  a smaller person.. I really have to pay attention and hold on.. otherwise I will slide off.. I have to remind Steve not to polish the seat before I get on.. seriously I slide around now... I think it is kinda cool now the gap that is between he and I when we ride... before we were up against each other... See Steve has lost about 30 pounds  and I am at about 55... so that's 85 pounds less on the bike... Steve does not notice it as much as I do because he is in control of the ride.. being the passenger it is totally different experience now... 


Is it good or bad you ask??


Just different is all..


Noticing these things are amazing to me... and a reminder of the Non Scale victories in my life...


The scale has not moved much in recent weeks... and that's okay... as I have said many times maintaining my weight feels good... and the desire to lose more is still there... I am eating great .. moving more... just waiting for my body to kick in... which I am sure it will soon...  over all I do feel good...  minus the lack of sleep etc... the usual pain etc... 


 The new life incorporates lots of different things... lots of new feelings too.. the rest of the road still waits to be paved by me... and it will be... but I am enjoying the ride right now...
Have a great week..
NYC bound Friday .. YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment