Saturday, November 9, 2013

12 years ago today

12 years ago today at approx. 235 pm I was sitting at my desk at work and received the phone call ever person fears , My parents had been in a horrible car accident .. We  got to the hospital ~ Reality set on As the words " I am so sorry but there was nothing we could do for your father .. You need to tell your mother " were said to me and Steve .....hard to believe it's been that long ago.. Today I  am grateful for time, compassion and strength ...The time I had with my dad, the compassion that was shown to me during this difficult healing time..  The trooper who put his arm around me and offered his condolences as he handed me dad's things and the EMT who waited to talk to me  afterwards and assured me that dad never suffered..And the strength my Steve gave me so I could do all that needed to be done, We miss you and love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment