Friday, September 6, 2013

Holidays and a baby

We were blessed to welcome Steve's third grandchild on Tuesday ... a little girl.. She is the first Granddaughter too so it has been a lot of fun...
I survived the Rosh Hashanah lunch yesterday ..I have to say it was hard... Every food I loved .. I peeked at the buffet and saw corn pudding, BBQ chicken wings, sweet and sour meatballs,brisket, jello,green beans ( sugar added I am sure) potatoes, brownies, apple cake, cookies dipped in chocolate, challah , honey and sliced apples..salad  drenched in dressing..and other treats too.including appetizers..... But I focused on family and got through it... 

I thought a lot about the 4 seconds of taste in my mouth and asked myself is that food really worth my life..life won...

No comments:

Post a Comment