Tuesday, August 6, 2013

COMMITMENT TO MYSELF

 So ... in 2 days it will be 1 month since I made a COMMITMENT TO MYSELF..

I KNOW .. that if I kept on doing what I had always done... that I would be done.. that sooner or later I would be killing myself as a morbidly obese woman... 

IT IS  not an easy commitment.... and in some ways  being OP is  crazy sounding.. who does not eat fruits and  ALL vegggies  when they are trying to be healthy...

BUT TO  me .. the person ( myself) that chooses this route to better health and stronger body is using MF/TSFL as a tool to reach a destination.. and during this journey certain higher carb choices are eliminated and then reintroduced ... by that time I believe I will have mastered portion control... and monitoring myself ... and understanding that while food is FUEL  it can be enjoyed but DOES NOT have to be the focus...

WE ARE  in the food business.. the kind of food that is not so healthy .. Occasionally my hands are  in bread dough and cookie dough..  helping get samples ready for demos and such.. or food show... 

MAKING THIS commitment for me.. was really a task.. and a great choice..   yes.. A choice I made   .. to make a commitment to myself..

Do I think the above is a bunch of fluff and that in a few short months I am going to tune out and turn back to my old ways...  it is something I think about... but when I look at those rolls baking or see and smell the cookies ... I think to myself... 4 seconds....  ( a post I did a while back)   is it really worth those 4 seconds  in my mouth.... to eat a cookie or a roll... is it going to make me feel strong.. proud... no... so... here I am...  having made a commitment to myself.. and praying that I follow this path... and learn this time... and not have to start over ever again...

On a odder note I looked at the BMI chart.. and I am now simply OBESE.. not something to be proud of.. but apparently I graduated recently...




No comments:

Post a Comment