Thursday, August 15, 2013

THAT'S WHAT I WOULD SAY ...

I AM NOT one of those who can say.. if I had the chance I would go back and talk to the younger me and tell her what to do and not to do.. and above all get your weight off..   
See it would have been awesome had  I  done that..but like many out there I did not..
SO I fall into  a statistical situation I did not want to be in.. part of the Obesity Epedemic..

I will tell you though what I would do if I could talk to children and young adults...  I would say...

Give your body a break...  I promise you .. You do not want to be 50 years old and fighting the same life long battle...THERE ARE DISEASES THAT CAN  JUST HAPPEN TO YOU no matter your size...AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FEED THE FLAME by  being obese and increasing your chances   of dying early because you developed an obesity related disease. 
Get your body under control NOW... do not wait... 

Move, Swim.. WALK ...RUN...and for heavens sake... Put down the electronic devices and go play outside... climb trees... play games... run in fields... play a sport you like... and the  deal is... no matter how you play .. it is okay...  because when you are playing or when you are practicing for that game... you are moving and exercising ... and teaching your body how it should feel.. 

 I would say ... hey I once was you... a fat kid..... not many friends...   certainly no dates... and made fun of...a good bit... I was lucky though I went off to boarding school and instead of it being a social nightmare... I suddenly had friends... all types of friends.. tall ones, short ones, chunky ones, thin ones.. boys , girls.. all ages... I had real friends.. and it was amazing.. several of those people some 30 odd years later I still stay in touch with ... my weight  finally did not stand in my way...  but I was still fat and sooner or later I would have to address that... and I did after graduation... Diet center... a 40 pound loss... and that came back.. then nutri system... a 50 pound loss.. that came back.. and countless odd diets in between with a loss of 15 -26 pounds... but nothing more and that all came back... I let it.. apparently I did not get  it... 

UNTIL NOW...

So here I am at 50 on medifast  TSFL   .....fighting the same battle with better tools...and a deeper understanding of who I am .. and why I am doing this... 

 I would say to you... please do not wait...  I know it is hard... and I know it is harder especially if you do not have any or many friends... but don't wait to save your life... and don't let yourself just be another statisic...be your own best friend... Be who you are meant to be... Don't wait.. it makes life easier when you are healthier and thinner.. I promise... think of it as one less thing to worry about... 

If you have no place to exercise .. walk... if its not safe to walk in your neighborhood.. then go in your room and turn the radio on and dance... or go to youtube and find a free exercise video .. and get yourself moving...

Eating:   You won't die if you bypass Mcdonalds.. Or if thats a place you can not do with out.. eat the salad and ask for grilled chicken and dressing on the side...   or if you are doing breakfast there get the egg white mc muffin.. it will stay with you  because of the protein... it won't kill you and just maybe your big mac french fry eating friends might think hey thats cool.. and maybe they will make a better choice because you did too.. 

Pizza and friends... keep the friends if they are real friends.. and if you have to do pizzza  no extra cheese.. no meats.. and lot of veggies... take one slice and  slice it in half... wow.. you now have 2 pieces of pizza.. and thats all you need... Ditch the cokes.. switch to water or diet ... skip the stuff that sounds crazy .. it is... for example.. no one.. absolutely no one needs a stuffed pizza..  THINK.. 
when you go hang out with friends to eat.. learn how to be menu smart and DO NOT ORDER WHAT YOUR FRIENDS GET just so you can be like everyone else.. BE  YOURSELF by treating your body right and feeding it with better choices.. and do your best to skip anything fried...  (hey you might teach your friends a thing or two..).  You really do not need  it.. and that Chick fil a you think you gotta have..  Look at this...CHICK FIL A SANDWICH
do you  really want that in your body... ???

What it boils down to is choices.. Your choice... choosing to live or choosing to die young... 
Kinda simple if you ask me... 

That is what I would say.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment