Friday, February 17, 2012

ACK JALEPENO DISASTER

Made a great dinner much to my detriment...   from now on... I wear gloves when working with these deadly little green things... I had never used them before.. tonight was the first time.. so I had no idea what  a raw Jalepeno could do to me... I cut up two of them.. washed my hands about 3 times.. about 30 minutes later my fingers were on fire.. two hours later the inside of my nose was on fire.. ( apparently I had inhaled some of the oil from the back of my hand when I  rubbed my nose...
Eventually found that lime juice and greek yogurt helped significantly with the  pain.. both up my nose.( minute amounts) and slathered all over my hands... shit I was a mess... the dinner was suberb though but not sure if it is worth the pain lol...

DAY 2 DONE...

 feel good... and feel focused.. that being said.. believe me it would be far easier to feed my pain right now.. have had a rough pain day today .. lots of chest pain ( part of fibromyalgia)  I have great excuses to eat things that will not benefit my body..  oh and for the record I just read that the Jalepenos are great to reduce inflammation and help with  ta da  FIBRO .. shit.. no thanks.. LOL... anyways.. as I was saying.. I could do so much more damage to my body if I wanted... the reality... feeding this old body of mine healthy food.. is a good thing... trying new recipes... with my husband ... is actually fun... seeing him enjoying new dishes.. makes me happy..   We are making a keepr list  of recipes... tomorrow we go back to the  store to reload on our cilantro .. tomatos and other assorted  veggies.. made a fantastic salad tonight arugala  red peppers  scallions, cucumbers brocoli slaw...  dressing on the side... have plenty for tomorrow nights meal... either salmon , chicken or turkey burgers not sure which we are doing...

For Steve's  60th bday in May .. I bought him an early gift a  Traeger Grill   ... YUM  have had some great chicken off of this.. even tasted a steak that Steve made... totally delicous... looking forward to trying fish on it next...  and grillling lots of veggies on it too .. .

Here is THURSDAYS DINNER CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP

TONIGHTS MENU   CILANTRO LIME TILAPIA TACOS 


No comments:

Post a Comment